Asset Safety is currently only available on Upwell Structures.
Once asset safety is activated it cannot be cancelled. The container created through the Asset Safety system will include the name of the System and the name of the Citadel it is originating from. The owner can choose to recover individual items or the entire contents of the container at once by selecting and dragging the items from the Asset Safety wrap into the hangar or cargo hold.
There are 2 types of Asset Safety: Personal and Corporation.
Personal Asset Safety
Personal Asset Safety is triggered when a Citadel is destroyed, unanchored, or the player manually activates it. Once asset safety has been triggered, an entry will appear in the players "Asset" window under a tab called "Safety".
After 5 days a player can choose to have the assets delivered to an NPC station, outpost, or Citadel in the same system the assets were originally located, free of charge. If the package is not moved manually within 20 days after its creation, it will be automatically moved as follows:
- From Null Security space: to the nearest Low Security station, by AU.
- From Low Security space: to the nearest Low Security station, by AU.
- From High Security space: to the nearest High Security station, by AU.
- From Wormhole space: the assets will be immediately dropped into a container where the Citadel was located and can then be retrieved by anyone in the area.
If the station the assets are being automatically moved to is not within the same system, the player will have to pay 15% of the assets' value to release them from asset safety.
Everything in the player's Item Hangar and Ship Hangar is moved into the Asset Safety wrap. This includes supercarriers and titans.
Corporation Asset Safety
Aside from the items being under ownership of the corporation and the "Safety" tab appearing within the Corporation Assets window as a result of that, the asset safety system for corporations follows the same rules as the personal asset safety outlined above.
NOTE: Only Directors and the CEO can interact with corporation asset safety.
Corporation hangars will be preserved inside the asset safety wrap.
Triggering Asset Safety
The Asset Safety system will be triggered in the following situations:
- Destruction of the Upwell Structure that the items are located on
- Unrenting a corporation office on an Upwell structure, both manually and due to missed rental bill payments
- Manually, by right clicking assets on items in an Upwell Structure and selecting "Move to Asset Safety", within the asset listing (Alt - T). This can be done independently of docking access to the structure in question.