Upwell Structure Construction
- Structure Components can be built in stations or in Component Assembly Arrays.
- Upwell Structures can be built in stations or in Equipment Assembly Arrays.
Anchoring and Unanchoring
- As soon as an Upwell structure begins anchoring, it becomes visible on the sensor overlay (blue signature) and anyone can warp directly to it.
- Anyone can scoop an unanchored Upwell structure from space.
- Once anchored, an Upwell structure is vulnerable for 15 minutes before being fully repaired. If attacked during these 15 minutes then the repair timer is paused. It is also reset if it occurs during daily downtime.
- If your alliance doesn't control the Infrastructure Hub of the system, anchoring an Upwell structure takes an extra day per level of Strategic Index. It will still be invulnerable during the entire anchoring process.
- Unanchoring timer is not displayed and the visible timer indicates only the vulnerability cycle. The time of completion for the unanchoring is usually 7 days after the notification about the unanchoring has been sent, if the process runs its course undisturbed.
- You cannot equip two rigs of the same kind (even tech 1 and tech 2 variants) to an Upwell structure.
- Upwell structures themselves do not consume fuel but their Service Modules do.
- If a Service Module is disabled then nothing is lost, but services such as jump clones and market orders will become unavailable until the service is brought back online.
- If you have docking rights at an Upwell structure, it can be visible on your overview.
- Ships can still be bumped while tethered which means they can be bumped outside of tethering range.
- If your ship is warp disrupted/scrambled beyond its warp strength then you cannot dock at an Upwell structure.
- Installing the appropriate service module allows the use of the market in Large and XLarge Upwell structures
- Market Broker fees are controlled by and paid to the structures owner.
- The cost of installing a jump clones is set by the structure's owner.
- Jump clones and their implants are lost when a structure is destroyed or unanchored, or when the cloning service is offlined or removed.
- Jumping to a jumpclone within the Upwell structure currently docked at will switch the clones without incurring a jump timer.
- Manufacturing and research jobs can be made available in Upwell structures via the respective Service Modules.
- If the service module for Manufacturing or Research services goes offline, the respective jobs in the structure will be paused until the service comes back online.
- If the service module for Manufacturing or Research is removed, or the structure is destroyed, the respective jobs will be cancelled. No material will be refunded for cancelled jobs.
- The Deliver function, in the right-click menu, allows you to move an item in your hangar to another capsuleer's hangar. It does not allow to deliver into a corporations delivery hangar.
- Corporation office slots available for rent at Upwell structures are unlimited.
- If an Upwell structure is destroyed or unanchored, all assets in the hangars are moved to their owners' Asset Safety.
- If the corporation unrents its office at an Upwell structure, the assets are moved to corporation's Asset Safety.
- If the structure's owner corporation disbands, the structure explodes and the corp assets are moved to the CEO's Asset Safety.
- If the structure is located in wormhole space and Asset Safety is triggered in any capacity, all items moved to Asset Safety will be ejected into Asset Safety Containers around the position of the structure.
Upwell Structure Defense
- Upwell structures cannot defend themselves automatically and a capsuleer must assume direct control to use its defensive modules.
- Warp Disruption modules can only be used during the structure's vulnerability window.
- The capsuleer controlling an Upwell structure will not receive suspect or criminal flags as the structure's Safety Setting is always set to Green and can not be changed.
- Upwell structure modules and fighters require no skill to operate.
- Upwell structure modules and their fighters are unaffected by Implants, Wormhole effects and standard skills except skills specific to the structure: Structure Doomsday Operation, Structure Electronic Systems, Structure Engineering Systems, Structure Missile Systems.
- Upwell structures cannot be remotely repaired.
- If you relinquish control of an Upwell Structure, any fighters still out in space are abandoned.
- Capital ships and Super Capital Ships can only dock at certain Upwell structures. Detailed Docking Limitations for each Upwell structure can be found in the Upwell structures article.