The EVE Online launcher should update after opening initially. First, please attempt to update the launcher by opening the application. Please ensure the launcher is fully closed before restarting the application.
If you are not sure if the application has been fully closed, then try restarting your computer and running the launcher again to see if it updates by itself.
The launcher should be running version 1878290 or greater.
- On Windows you can see the version number by clicking the cog wheel in the upper right corner to open the settings menu, then clicking "About".
- On Mac you can see the version number by clicking "EVE Launcher" in the top-left of your menu bar, then click "Preferences", and select "About".
If your launcher is not starting the self-updater, you will have to reinstall the launcher. It is possible to reinstall the launcher without downloading the entirety of the shared cache files again. See the following page on how to do this:
Reinstalling the launcher
If your launcher’s update progress bar does not start, it’s stuck installing the downloaded files, or it’s constantly updating files. It is possible you are having issues downloading or installing the downloaded files.
See the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
Verifying shared cache permissions
- Start the Launcher.
- Open the Launcher menu by clicking on the 'gear' icon at the top right and select the 'Tools / Cache' option.
- Open the 'Shared Cache' from the dropdown list on the menu above.
- Click on the 'Permissions' button.
- A blank window should appear and will remain for a few seconds. Please do not close it manually, allow it to close automatically.
Verifying application permissions can be done by reinstalling the EVE Online launcher application. Because of some user’s settings, you may have to create a new user in your system with administrator privileges
Verify security and privacy software blocking the launcher update
It is possible a security or privacy software (antivirus, proxy, or VPN) is blocking the launcher update. You can check any third party software that may be preventing the update of the game files by the launcher by adding security restrictions or modifying your network connection to our update server and add it to the exceptions list or disabling this software while updating the game.