EVE Online requires a stable internet connection between the client’s computer and the EVE Online server. This connection is susceptible to connectivity issues because the game cannot buffer content like video platforms are able to.
In order to test your connection to our server, our Game Masters may ask you to run some Trace Route and Path Ping tests on your computer to see if there are any issues in your connection or the route your connection is taking to our server.
For users using Windows 10, we have a tool that will automatically run these tests and provide a report that can be attached to your ticket in our Help Center to diagnose your connection.
- Go to the following link and save the file. It should have a .zip extension:
- Go to the file location and unzip the file contents to an easily accessible folder in your computer.
- Right click on the unzipped .ps1 file and select Run with PowerShell. Do not double-click the file.
- You will likely see an Unknown Publisher warning, but please allow the file to be run by clicking Open.
- Follow the instructions on the window that appears and wait until the tool finishes running.
- When the tool finishes running, it will ask you to press enter to finish.
- The tool will create a .txt file in the same location where the tool was saved. Locate this file and attach it to your ticket in our Help Center.
The file created will have the following naming format:
Users running Windows 11 are unable to run the PowerShell script unless they change a specific security policy, please follow the instructions below to allow the tool to be run.
- Press the Windows Key + X to open the Quick Link menu.
- Select Windows PowerShell (Admin) and click Yes on the UAC prompt.
- Type the following and press Enter: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
- To confirm the change, type the following letter and press Enter: Y
- Close the PowerShell window.
- Follow the instructions from the Windows 10 section above.
To change the security policy back to how it was, follow the Windows 11 instructions above but instead of Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted change it to Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted.
Mac OS users can find the instructions on how to run the Network tests below:
- Click on the Launchpad in the dock.
- Click on Other.
- Open the Terminal.
- Type the following and press Enter: traceroute tranquility.servers.eveonline.com > Desktop/tq_trace.txt
- Type the following and press Enter: ping www.google.com -c 30 > Desktop/Ping_google_com.txt
- Type the following and press Enter: ping www.google.de -c 30 > Desktop/Ping_google_de.txt
- Type the following and press Enter: ping tranquility.servers.eveonline.com -c 30 > Desktop/Ping_tq.txt
Once all these files have been created, attach them to your ticket on our Help Center.