When a user adds EVE Online to their game library through the Steam store, Steam creates an EVE Online account for the user. An account created through Steam is considered a "Steam integrated account".
When EVE Online is launched from the Steam game library, the user will be automatically logged into the EVE Online account associated with their Steam user account - there is no need to enter a username or a password.
By default, Steam integrated EVE Online accounts do not have traditional usernames & passwords. To log into these accounts with the standard EVE launcher without utilizing Steam, the user first needs to create a unique username and password. Please see the following article for instructions on this:
Special Steam offers available in the Steam store are only applicable to the Steam integrated accounts. They cannot be purchased & applied to standard EVE accounts created directly from the EVE Online webpage.
NOTE: Steam-linked accounts ordinarily cannot link to the Help Center. However, creating a regular username and password for your steam-linked account will allow you to link as normal.
To do so please follow the steps below:
- Open the account management page here: EVE ONLINE
- Click the top right button titled "Log in".
- If you are automatically logged in, please log out and repeat the last step.
- When prompted to enter your Login information, click the Green Steam Button.
- Enter your Steam Login Credentials.
- Click your name in the top right hand corner, it should be: "STEAM_USER"
- Click "Account info."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Create EVE Username."
- Enter a new Username and Password that you can associate to the account.
- Once this is done, please attempt to log back in as this will force the email verification to send.
- Please also refer to the following article in case you get stuck: Setting an account name for Accounts created through STEAM