The Fitting Window allows you to view, plan, and change the equipment fitted to ships and structures.
The elements of the fitting window are:
- - The name of the ship or fitting. This can be dragged and dropped into a chat to share the currently shown fitting.
- - Enter/Exit Simulation mode
- - Preview available SKINs for the ship. Unavailable in Simulation Mode.
- - Open the Browser for saved Fittings. Also used to locate ships and modules to fit in Simulation Mode.
- - Show detailed attributes of the ship with the current fitting
- - Available and empty High-, Medium-, Low- and Rig-slot. If a module/rig is fitted to the ship, its icon will show in them. Small bars at the outer edge of the slot indicate that the fitted module uses charges, and how many are currently loaded.
- - Total number of available Turret / Missile Launcher hardpoints. The number of circles next to the symbol indicates the maximum number that can be fitted to the ship. Filled circles show the number currently fitted. The total number of available Turret and Missile hardpoints may exceed the number of available High-Power slots, in which case a pilot can decide how to mix the hardpoints. A ship may also have more High Slots than weapon hardpoints. Those are often referred to as “Utility” slots, as they offer space for High Slot modules that do not require a weapon hardpoint, such as Salvagers.
- - Calibration bar. Indicates how many calibration points are used by the rigs currently installed on the ship.
- - Power Grid bar and readout, they show power usage of the online modules in the current fitting, and total available power on the ship.
- - CPU bar and readout, they show the CPU usage of the online modules in the current fitting, and total available CPU on the ship.
- - current Cargo Bay usage / total Cargo Bay capacity
- - current Drone Bay usage / total Drone Bay capacity
It is possible to import ships fittings which may have been provided by another player, from a web site or ship fitting guide.
To import fittings players first need to ensure that the 'Browse Modules and Charges' section of the fitting window is visible. This is done by clicking on the tool icon.
The 'Import & Export' link should then be visible at the bottom left of the window.
Players can import and export fittings from either a file or the clipboard. Importing fits from a clipboard is as simple as:
- Highlighting the text of the fit they wish to import.
- Right clicking on the highlighted text and selecting 'Copy'.
- Then clicking on the 'Import and Export link'
- Finally selecting the 'Import from Clipboard'.
If the import text is correctly formatted the fitting for the ship will appear in a new window, where the player has several options.
To import a fitting from a file the file needs to be placed in the 'fittings' folder on the players computer. The default location for this folder is: