If you are encountering issues with the in game audio then please verify you are using the latest released audio drivers available for your sound device, that you have your audio device enabled, that the game has sufficient volume for you to hear.
If you are still having Audio issues after verifying the above, then you can troubleshoot the client using the following steps:
Clearing the client cache
- Start and log into the game as normal.
- Once you are logged in and the black screen is visible, open your client settings menu by pressing the 'Esc' key on your keyboard.
- Select the Reset Settings tab.
- Click on Clear All Cache Files button.
Verifying the shared cache files
- Start the launcher.
- Open the Launcher menu by clicking on the 'gear' icon at the top right and select the 'Tools / Cache' option.
- Open the 'Shared Cache' from the dropdown list on the menu above.
- Select Shared Cache in the left pane.
- Click on verify.
- Start the Launcher
- Click on the EVE launcher at the top of the screen and select Preferences or Press Command (⌘) and comma (,) to open preferences.
- Click on the 'Tools / Cache' tab.
- Click on the 'Shared Cache' Settings tab on the left (below the button above).
- You may see some progress in the bar at the bottom. Once its task is complete, please click on the 'Verify' button and the verification process will begin.