CCP is firmly committed to providing a welcoming, friendly, and safe experience for participants and attendees at all our events. Your ethnicity, religion, gender, ability, socioeconomic status, sexual preference, or country of origin should not be a factor in whether you can enjoy being part of our events. This Code of Conduct outlines behavior we encourage during our and officially sponsored events under the FLEET UP program, and it also goes over unacceptable behavior and its consequences.
1. Expected behavior
· Please be respectful and considerate to other attendees.
· Please refrain from any discriminatory, harassing, or demeaning speech or behavior.
· Please be mindful of your surroundings and those of your fellow attendees.
· Please alert CCP staff and/or event organizers should you notice a potentially harmful or dangerous situation, someone in distress, or an altercation taking place.
2. Unacceptable Behavior
In general, unacceptable behavior includes intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions by any attendee at the event or activity. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
· Physical or verbal abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by CCP in our sole discretion.
· Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which includes anything that may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
· Any offensive behavior or verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, physical appearance, or body size.
· Possessing any illegal substances or narcotics (in accordance to local laws).
· Smoking, other than in designated areas.
· Damage or destruction of property owned by CCP, event organizer or the venue.
· Sustained disruption of talks and any event-related activities.
· Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
· Personal intimidation and offensive verbal comments on the social media accounts of attendees as they relate to CCP events and the CCP community.
· Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces.
· Inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome sexual attention.
· Taking photos or recordings of individuals and/or posting their likeness on social media without their permission, implicit or explicit. We admit this one is tricky: we fully support taking photos at the event and sharing them, but please use your best judgment when posting photos of people you do not know.
· Failure to obey any event rules or regulations of the venue.
We reserves the right to remove from or refuse access to the event to anyone at their discretion and will closely collaborate with event organizers empowering them to make their events safe and welcoming to all.
3. Threats against events or those due to attend
Regardless of whether they are made in jest or in the heat of the moment, any threats against events or any individual attending them will be taken one hundred percent seriously by CCP Games. All threats, regardless of how minor, will be treated as credible and will be reported to local and national authorities. CCP has a zero-tolerance policy on real-world threats, and any individual engaging in this behavior is not welcome as part of our community and will be banned from attending future official and partnered events.
4. Consequences of unacceptable behavior
CCP will not tolerate unacceptable behavior by attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, or sponsors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If an attendee engages in unacceptable behavior, CCP and event organizer may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, and reserve the right to ban the individual from attending future official and partnered events. In extreme cases, the individual can be banned from using CCP products and accessing user accounts at the sole discretion of CCP Games.
5. If you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior
During an event, if you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a CCP staff or organizer as soon as possible. Whenever reasonably possible, the staff will be available to help attendees contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event. You can report unacceptable behavior to any CCP employee or the event organizer.
At any time, if you have experienced or witnessed harassment or offensive behavior at CCP organized player gathering or a CCP-supported event or are concerned about attendee safety at future events, please file a report with CCP via email to email@example.com. Your story is important to us as we work towards taking steps to ensure the safety of all players at CCP events and gatherings.
6. If you are accused of unacceptable behavior
If you feel that you have been unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, please notify CCP immediately and provide a concise description of your side of the story by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expect all event participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all venues and related social events.
8. Contact info
You can contact us about this Code of Conduct at email@example.com.