If the client window is crashing to desktop, please verify your computer meets the minimum system requirements and that you are running a 64-bit OS.
You should also make the following checks:
- Verify you have the latest graphic drivers installed on your computer.
- Check the temperature and load of your Computer Processor and Graphic Processor units for any overload and overheating.
If the issue is persisting, then please try the following troubleshooting steps:
Clearing the client cache
- Start and log into the game as normal.
- Once you are logged in and the black screen is visible, open your client settings menu by pressing the Esc key on your keyboard.
- Select the Reset Settings tab.
- Click on the Clear button next to Clear All Cache Files.
Verifying the shared cache files
Windows and macOS
- Start the launcher.
- Open the Launcher menu by clicking on the Cogwheel icon at the top right and select Tools / Cache.
- Click on Verify Game Files.