If the client window is crashing to desktop, please verify your computer meets the minimum system requirements and that you are running a 64-bit OS.
You should also make the following checks:
- Verify you have the latest graphic drivers installed on your computer.
- Check the temperature and load of your Computer Processor and Graphic Processor units for any overload and overheating.
If the issue is persisting, then please try the following troubleshooting steps:
Verifying the shared cache files
- Start the launcher.
- Open the Launcher menu by clicking on the 'gear' icon at the top right and select the 'Tools / Cache' option.
- Select Shared Cache in the left pane.
- Click on verify.
- Start the Launcher
- Click on the EVE launcher at the top of the screen and select Preferences or press Command (⌘) and comma (,) to open preferences.
- Click on the 'Tools / Cache' tab.
- Click on the 'Shared Cache' Settings tab on the left (below the button above).
- You may see some progress in the bar at the bottom. Once its task is complete, please click on the 'Verify' button and the verification process will begin.
Clearing the client cache
- Start and log into the game as normal.
- Once you are logged in, open your client settings menu by pressing the 'Esc' key on your keyboard.
- Select the Reset Settings tab.
- Click on Clear All Cache Files button.