A recent update to the launcher caused issues for some users where old cache files cause the launcher to automatically close shortly after startup.
- Please press the windows key + R to open a run window.
- Copy and paste the following into the run window and press enter.
- Right click on the folder named 'CacheStorage' and delete it.
- Please press the windows key + R to open a run window. Copy and paste the following into the run window and press enter.
- Right click on the folder named 'cache' and delete it.
- Start the launcher and see if the issue persists.
Workaround for users not using Windows 10 where deleting the cache did not work.
For supported Windows users who are not using Windows 10, users may also need to install the necessary Windows Universal C RunTime and Visual Studio Redistributable updates provided by Microsoft. You can download the required updater from the following web page.
Specifically users will need to install the x86: vc_redist.x86.exe