This error is most commonly seen right after installing EVE on Steam. In most cases, it will resolve within a few minutes - rarely longer than 30 minutes.
If you've have played EVE through Steam in the past, and you persistently see this message when launching EVE from the Steam game library, it's likely that you are encountering a legacy problem. If that is the case, no amount of waiting will resolve the problem.
However, there is a workaround! You should be able to resolve this issue by removing the game completely from your Steam Library and then adding it again.
Don't worry, this will not delete any existing EVE account you may have! Note that if you are encountering this problem, your old EVE account was not a Steam integrated account.
Here are step by step instructions on how to do this:
- Login to your Steam account on: http://store.steampowered.com/
- On the page you should see Store, Community, Steam username, About, Support options. Click on Support.
- Click on Games, Software, etc.
- Find EVE Online, you may need to search for it if you have a large Steam library!
- Click on EVE online and select "I want to permanently remove this game from my account."
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen. Once you have removed the game from your library, you can add EVE Online again. This will create a new account, a Steam EVE Online account.
This should resolve the issue. Please send us a support ticket from the HC or e-mail email@example.com if you still have problems!