Below are solutions for problems players are encountering with the launcher. Please try the solutions below and if they do not work then please submit a support ticket in the Technical Support category.
Unable to Log into an account.
It's possible that this issue is caused by old cookies files saved on your computer. To delete the cookie files please follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard while pressing R (this will open a run window).
- Copy and paste the following line into the run window: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- You should see a few folders there. One should be named QtWebEngine
- Open that folder. Then open Default.
- Delete the two of the files in there. Cookies and Cookies-journal.
- Try logging in again.
Launcher Will Not Update
Before trying anything else please ensure the launcher is fully closed. If you are not sure then try restarting your computer and running the launcher again to see if it updates by itself. The launcher should be running version 1456374 or greater. You can see the version number in the bottom of the launcher to the Right of "Patch Notes". When you hover over the number it will say "Launcher Version".
If the launcher does not update, then you can download the latest version of the launcher independently and thus remove the need for the launcher to update itself. It's important that you follow the steps below so that you do not need to download the whole game.
The steps for installing only the launcher can be found below.
- Get the latest launcher: Download it from the main download page: https://community.eveonline.com/support/download
- Find the 'SharedCache' folder of your existing EVE Online game files - it should look something like this:
- Open SharedCache folder. If the SharedCache folder is empty then it's possible that it is in another location on your hard drive, which means that uninstalling the launcher will not affect the folder. If the SharedCache folder is not empty, then you will want to move it manually as uninstalling the launcher will also remove the SharedCache files. So, move the SharedCache folder to another location before continuing.
- Uninstall the current files. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, find EVE Online and press Uninstall. Don't worry, your client settings will not be wiped by this operation. Verify that the program directory matches with the installation folder you were looking at earlier.
- Run the EveLauncher.exe that you downloaded earlier. After you've clicked Next a few times it gets to the actual installation phase, you will get a dialog like this:
- Answer "No" to ensure the shared cache will be stored wherever you installed the launcher this time.
- On the final dialog, be sure to uncheck the Run EVE Online now checkbox:
- Restore the shared cache. Open your installation folder again and move the SharedCache folder you set aside earlier to replace the now empty SharedCache folder.
- Start the launcher. Now you should be able to run the launcher again, with all previously acquired files intact.
If the above solutions do not work, then please submit a ticket in the Technical Support type.