Launcher download halting
In some cases the launcher can stall while patching. The most common cause for these kind of errors is a security application on the computer such as a firewall or antivirus. If this is the case then it can be helpful to add the EVE launcher to the allowed / exceptions list of any security applications on the computer.
Some routers come with network filters that are designed to protect users from accessing malicious web sites. In some cases these filters can be over zealous and stop traffic from legitimate sites or applications, in this case the EVE launcher. The workaround for this is usually the same as above, to add the site to the routers white list.
Finally, connecting through a proxy server can cause issues such as this to occur. In order to rule this out, users can try the following workaround:
- Open the "Internet Options" from the Windows Control Panel
- Go to the "Connections" tab and click on the "LAN Settings" button
- Make sure that only "Automatically detect settings" is checked and all other entry fields are empty.
- Open system preferences.
- Open Network
- Choose the network service you use from the list, for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Click on the advanced button in the lower left corner of the tab.
- Ensure none of the check boxes in the select a protocol to configure list are checked.
- In the same window ensure that "Use passive FTP Mode (PASV) is checked.
Could not connect to the specified address
If for some reason the client can't establish a connection to the server at all. The cause is usually when a security application has blocked either the launcher or the client from sending out requests through the users network. If the user is utilizing either a router with a firewall or a software firewall, they should make sure it allows all traffic through port 26000 for both UDP and TCP protocols. If the game has recently had a new release then the user may also need to re add the application into the exception list of any security software they may have installed on their computer because the application has been updated and the firewall may not recognize it as the original software allowed through the firewall.
Should the launcher still be unable to patch, or make a successful connection to the server, then please attach the launcher log file for the patch attempt to a ticket in this regard so the Customer Support Team can look further into possible causes, and find a solution.