Settings are now stored in profiles, when a user makes changes within the game they will be saved to the selected profile. Users can have as many profiles as they wish and each profile can have a separate set of settings. The profile management tool allows users to create custom profiles. To manage profiles, click on the cog wheels next to the user account name.
By pressing the cogwheel a user can select either which profile should be loaded with the account or manage profiles. If the manage profiles option is selected then the launcher will open the Profile management tool, the tool can be used to create new profiles or migrate settings from previous versions of the EVE Online Client to a new profile.
The tool can be used to migrate settings between the Tranquility server and the test server as well.
The tool can be used to make a backup of client settings or to make a copy of existing settings to use with another account.
Backing up profiles
Profiles are saved in a cache folder on a user’s computer. There is no backup of these files on the server side so it is recommended that once the user is satisfied with the settings that a backup of these files is created. Instructions on how to back up the setting profiles are as follows:
* Press and hold the Windows key on the keyboard while pressing R (this will open a run window).
* Copy and paste the following line into the run window:
* Users should then see a few folders within this directory. One of the folders will be named after the location of the SharedCache folder on the hard drive, for example:
* Copy the folder to another location on the hard drive for safe keeping.
* If settings are lost, simply copy the folder back to the original directory and settings should be restored to their previous state. If any changes are made to the settings, the backup folder should also be updated.