If the launcher displays a black, white or transparent window with nothing in it after starting the launcher, an environmental variable may need to be added. For detailed instructions on how to do this please see below.
- Right-click on "My computer" in the Start menu (For windows 10 search for 'This PC' then right click).
- Select Properties.
- Then select 'Advanced System Settings' link.
- Finally select Environment Variables (this is can be found at the bottom of the 'Advanced' tab ).
- Now that the window is up add a new variable under the 'System Variables' section.
- Click on the 'New' button (see image above) and a new window should pop up asking for the name of the new variable.
- Enter 'QT_OPENGL' in the name field, and 'desktop' in the value field (without the quotes).
- Click Okay.
Once this variable is added, the launcher should run as normal and hopefully the issue will be resolved. Should this not resolve the issue then replacing ‘desktop’ with ‘angle’ or ‘software’ may work.