All hardware regardless of platform must support the following minimum requirements:
- CPU and operating system must be 64 bit
- with 256MB VRAM or more
- that supports Shader Model 3
- that supports DirectX 9.0c
- Drivers: DirectX 9.0c (included)
- that is Direct Sound compatible and supports SSE
- HD: 23 GB free space (or more)
- Network: ADSL connection (or faster)
- DVD-ROM: 2x-speed DVD reader (for boxed editions only)
The minimum screen resolution for the EVE Online Client is 1024x768. For optimum performance always use the latest available drivers for all hardware, including in particular audio and video hardware.
The expectation for the Minimum System Requirements is that all game features can be used on low-end hardware that still meets those requirements. All graphics settings are set to their lowest values. The resolution is set to 1024x768.
The expectation for the Recommended System Requirements is that there is a smooth and visually enjoyable experience across all game features. All graphics settings can be set to their highest values. The resolution should not exceed 1920x1200, though higher resolutions can be used with lower settings.
Please note that when in large-scale situations, such as fleet fights, it is encouraged to drop all graphics settings to their lowest value.