A DirectX Diagnostic file contains information about the users computer, such as driver versions and hardware specifications. As such it can be very useful to the Player Experience Team when investigating various issues.
Should it be requested by Player Experience, users can see how to produce a DxDiag report below:
- To run the DirectX diagnostics tool: Press 'Start' and select 'run' or press 'Windows key + R' on the keyboard.
- Type dxdiag in the text field and Click "OK". When this is done, a window will pop up.
- Wait for the DxDiag report to finish gathering information.
- Click the "Save All Information" button, located in its lower right corner.
- Save the DxDiag report.
Mac does not use DirectX Diagnostic files. Instead, it uses a System Profiler. See the following steps to generate a Mac system profile:
1. Open the finder
2. Select applications
3. Open Utilities
4. Start the terminal
5. type in : system_profiler -detailLevel mini > Desktop/SystemProfiler.txt
This will create a system profiler txt file on the users desktop.