A DirectX Diagnostic file contains information about the users computer, such as driver versions and hardware specifications. As such it can be very useful to the Customer Support Team when investigating various issues.
Should it be requested by Customer Support, users can see how to produce a DxDiag report below:
- To run the DirectX diagnostics tool: Press 'Start' and select 'run' or press 'Windows key + R' on the keyboard.
- Type dxdiag in the text field and Click "OK". When this is done, a window will pop up.
- Wait for the DxDiag report to finish gathering information.
- Click the "Save All Information" button, located in its lower right corner.
- Save the DxDiag report.
Mac does not use DirectX Diagnostic files. Instead, it uses an application called System Profiler. See the following steps to generate a Mac system profile:
1. Select "About This Mac" from the Apple Menu (The picture of the Apple on the System Menubar)
2. Click the "More Info..." button on the "About This Mac" dialog that appears
3. Select "Save" from the System Profiler File menu
4. Save to a file on your Desktop in the RTF or SPX format